Thursday, 17 January 2013

I JUST WISH DAD SAW THAT I'M TRYING TO REGAIN THAT GLORY FROM HIS TERRACE.


All guys like me who are born and brought up in Jaipur know kite flying ....its understood...:) It was kite flying day yesterday in Jaipur ......

Dad was a champion....he just used to fly kites on Makar Sakranti but people till date talk about his skills of flying and fighting huge kites and others from adjacent terraces would request to spare theirs.....We all at one point or the other have given time to master the skill of kite flying and fighting...and fondly remember the days when we would snap several threads with ours and count them like medals....We all remember our first kite training ,first kite flying terrace,first kite flying associates,first kite flying accidents,first kite flying romantic incidents/accidents and so on....ha ha....I too remember.....now quite out of practice but next year have decided to regain my form....
It is not just a kite ...it is my childhood,my dad,simple pleasures of life,memories,togetherness, belongingness 


....my dad has always been younger than me.. :)..I have always been a super bore...he he :)....always engrossed in my film making custom made games and music synthesizers .....yesterday...without dad didn't feel like flying kites....so was just doing my editing work till late evening....and then saw ... neighbour Uncle and his sons on the terrace shouting and screaming,......they used to fight kites with dad and were used to seeing someone as an amazing skilled competitor on our terrace....my dad.Dads would in the evening fly the biggest kites and no body like war ethics would intervene or poke his nose with a small 'Kiten'....we would just hold thread winders/spools (charkhi) and so keenly follow our dad's kites ; sometimes after getting entangled the fight would go on and on for a couple of minutes and others on other terraces would just freeze to witness the climax......and then Dad would just very patiently wait for the feel of correct tension in his fingers,correct wind,correct control and then an amazing heroic gesture of pulling the thread with speed and all might and .....sssssaaaaaaaataaaaaaaaak.......would snap the other kite......and the whole colony would shake with a collective sound of ......wowwwwwwww kaaatttttttaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........that would even echo from other terraces and an amazing friendly smile of uncle for papa who would with amazing spirit start winding his snapped thread and a child would shout from the other roof ,fly one more and we will cut it ....this time......:)
Ufffff.......why days and people just fly away....


Uncle and his sons gift me memories all over again....they are a part of my dad.....so just switched off my comps and ran on the terrace just to make them see.....Mr. Dave's son is very much there....that terrace will not look devastated after him....I just kept watching kites flying and fighting ....and uncles and his sons waved at me.....something happened,....I knew I was't prepared but still ....went down and brought kites and Charkhi......cousin sis came running to hold it for me and I kept flying kites till late evening.....
I just wish dad saw that I'm trying to regain that glory from his terrace.....!

No comments:

Post a Comment